HSE Management System
Our HSE Management System defines the principles by which we conduct our operations worldwide with regards to health, safety, and the environment. Management communicates the HSE philosophy to all employees, customers, contractors, and third parties associated with our business, and each D&D organisation must provide positive evidence of conformance to the system.
- Commitment and leadership and accountability
- Policies and objectives
- Material procurement and subcontracting
- Organisation and resources
- Contractor and supplier management
- Risk management
- Business processes
- Performance monitoring and improvement
- Audits and reviews.
These are continuously improved by conformance checks
- On day-to-day standards and procedures (controls)
- On the management system (correction)
- Through modifications to the management system (improvement)
HSE Management Policy
The long-term business success of D&D depends on our ability to continually improve the quality of our services while protecting people and the environment. Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, quality enhancement, and great communication. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees and (sub)contractors. D&D requires the active commitment to, and accountability for, QHSE from all employees and contractors. Project managers have a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, QHSE policies and standards.
We are committed to
- Protect, and strive for improvement of, the health, safety and security of our people at all times;
- Eliminate HSE accidents;
- Set HSE performance objectives, measure results, assess and continually improve processes and service quality, through the use of an effective management system;
- Plan for, respond to, and recover from any emergency, crisis and business disruption;
- Minimise our impact on the environment through pollution prevention, reduction of natural resource consumption and emissions, and the reduction and recycling of waste;
- Apply our technical skills to all HSE aspects in the design and engineering of our services;
- Communicate openly with stakeholders and ensure an understanding of our HSE policies, standards, programs and performance. Reward outstanding HSE performance;
- Improve our performance on issues relevant to our stakeholders that are of global concern and on which we can have an impact, and share with them our knowledge of successful HSE programs and initiatives.